Athlete of the Month - February 2012 – Gilbert CrossFit
Crysti this past weekend at the Garage Games in Scottsdale
1) What is your career/job? My current job is in construction management; however I am working very hard to become a police officer. Becoming a police officer is actually why I looked into Crossfit. One of the officers I went on a ride-along with mentioned it was what they were using for continuing fitness for current officers.
2) Outside of Crossfit, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Outside of Crossfit, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I enjoy running in different races. I also enjoy camping, hunting, traveling, cooking, watching sports….
3) What is your favorite healthy food & “cheat” food? My favorite healthy food(s) include fresh fruit such as blackberries or apples with almond butter. My favorite “cheat” food(s) include Grimaldhi’s Pizza or Mexican food or a big steak and potatoes with a glass (or two) of wine. (I’m hungry right now; I couldn’t name just one…haha)
4) What is something that we don’t know about you? (Interesting fact, accomplishment you are proud of, obscure/unique talent, funny story, etc.) Hmmm…. this is a tough one. Interesting fact – I lived in Japan for 2 1/2 years.
5) What motivates you to keep up with your workout routine? My career goals motivate me to keep up with my fitness routine. There is a lot of competition out there when applying to different police agencies so I want to do what I can now to stand out from the crowd. Also, I love competition, even if it is just with myself, I always strive to be better.
6) What do you consider to be your biggest Crossfit accomplishment? One would be stepping out of my comfort zone and competing in the Garage Games competition without any other GCF members. Also, anytime I get a PR feels like a major accomplishment to me. I just enjoy building my strength and becoming a better athlete each day.
7) What is a Crossfit goal that you have? I have sooo many Crossfit goals. Two I hope to master soon would be pull ups and toes to bar.